- Payment & Cancellation
- Map & Virtual Tours
About Scape Abercrombie
Sape Abercombie is located in an unbeatable location, a 10-minute stroll from the heart of Newtown's area. It is a short stroll away from Victoria Park with multiple Vintage retro shops available on King Street nearby.
All the rooms in this student housing in Sydney are intelligently designed to help you focus on your studies. The events calendar is always full of spectacular events, and the property has an on-site team to help you and your flatmates whenever you need to. There is a shuttle bus service to help you get to campus, and the Scape security app will help you feel safe and secure at your student room.
Scape x Sonder app service is a unique facility that you will only find here. It is a 24/7 multilingual support service through which you can easily share your worries and ask for assistance from trained professionals anytime. The app has a " Track My Journey" function that can help you stay connected with the Scape team while exploring the city. There is also a " Check on Me" function that you can use if you are exploring an unfamiliar place, a support member will contact you to check on you throughout your journey until you no longer need support.
Furthermore, Sape Abercombie has an extremely bright atmosphere and a sense of light and space that keeps you fresh all-year-round. There's a high-speed Wi-Fi connection, on-site laundry, communal study room, and a communal kitchen. All utility bills are included in the rent.
You will receive contactless triple security swipe access card for the entrance, elevator and your room. You can use it too to pay for laundry and printing services for an easier and safe daily life.
**Upon booking, a holding deposit of one week’s rent is needed to confirm the booking. Upon check-in, a refundable bond deposit of four week’s rent amount will be needed to be paid. Damages in the room will be deducted from the bond deposit after vacating the property.
*****dual occupancy is only allowed in large studio apartments (accessible/ non-accessible) at an additional $50 per week.
*Rooms on higher floors or rooms with various views are bookable upon request. Please contact us for more information.
* Scape will take care of your room’s essentials – you will be greeted with bedding and kitchen items ready to go in your private room.
AU$599 / Week
Choose Your Room
A 15m2 self-contained studio features a comfy bed, workspace, wardrobe, plenty of storage, private bathroom, dining area, and modern kitchenette.
A spacious 17.7m2 self-contained studio featuring a comfy bed, workspace, wardrobe, plenty of storage, private bathroom, dining area, and modern kitchenette.
A 6.9 Sqm² single room in 2 bedroom apartment features a double small bed, wardrobe, desk study, shared bathroom, shared kitchen, and shared living.
This 23m2 large self-contained studio features a comfy bed, workspace, wardrobe, plenty of storage, private bathroom, dining area, and modern kitchenette.
* Note: Final rent price and availability are subject to change and to be confirmed upon completing your booking.
1. A student will pay a week's holding deposit to confirm their booking. This is not an extra fee but this goes into their first week's rent payment.
2. The bond deposit is four weeks' rent amount (eg. if rent is $400 per week then it will be $400 x 4) and this is payable to us 10 days prior to arrival. This amount is then lodged on behalf to the relevant state's bond authority and the bond authority will email the student directly to confirm that Scape Group has lodged the bond on behalf of the student.
3. After the confirmation of their booking, the student will have access to their portal/ student account. This will allow them to view everything in regards to their tenancy and also their contract is accessible for signing 8 weeks prior to their contract start date.
4. In regards to the rent payment frequency, they will only have two choices - fortnight rent payment or all upfront payment (prior to tenancy start). Should they choose the former option, they will have to fill in paperwork for a direct debit option.
International students can pay fortnightly or all up front when they arrive. A 1-week rent is required in advance to secure your room. Please note that this holding deposit is allocated to the first week’s rent amount, and is not an application fee or processing fee at all.
We understand that students have lots of important things to focus on, so especially during these uncertain times, Atira are here to help make life less stressful. We have put together a deferral and cancellation policy for new bookings commencing in Semester 1, 2022 that provides flexibility if you are currently outside of Australia and impacted by COVID-19.
If you have a booking and are not able to arrive in Australia because of COVID-19, you can defer your contract to the following semester. The same terms of the original booking will carry forward to the new semester booking, including the type of room you booked and even the same weekly rent.
If you need to cancel your booking with us for one of the reasons detailed below, all you need to do is email us no less than 14 days before your contract start date and we will cancel your booking and provide a full refund of any fees paid. We will provide flexibility to defer or cancel if you are impacted by any of the below reasons, all you need to do is provide supporting documentation:
• Visa Denied
If your visa application is rejected or the visa centre remains closed in your respective country.
• Flight Cancellation/Travel Ban
If your scheduled flight is cancelled and an alternate flight is not available, or if there is a travel ban preventing travel from your country of origin or in Australia preventing you from arrival.
• Intake Delay of University/Education provider
If the start date of your course has been postponed to a later date or semester, or the university does not offer face-to-face learning.