Scape Darling House
- Payment & Cancellation
- Map & Virtual Tours
About Scape Darling House
Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and Australia's and Oceania's most populous city. The city, located on Australia's east coast, surrounds Sydney Harbour and stretches approximately 70 kilometres west to the Blue Mountains, north to Hawkesbury, south to the Royal National Park, and southwest to Macarthur. Sydney is divided into 658 suburbs, distributed across 33 local government areas. The city's residents are known as "Sydneysiders." According to the 2021 census, the population of Greater Sydney was 5,231,150, accounting for approximately 66% of the state's population. The city is also known as the 'Harbour City' and the 'Emerald City.'
It's never been easier to find the most comfortable student housing in Sydney Casita will recommend the most pleasant areas to stay in, ensuring you have the best student experience possible.
The building offers two rooms: single and double en-suite rooms with King single bed, study area, wardrobe, air conditioning/heating, and a private en-suite bathroom. The price includes all meals, as catering is available. Twin rooms feature a comfy double bed, large study desk, super-fast Wi-Fi, private or shared bathrooms, a kitchenette and plenty of storage space.
Scape Darling House offers unlimited Wi-Fi throughout the building, laundry, bike storage, all-inclusive bills, contents insurance, residential life program, uLife, on-site gym, cinema room, TV/games room, iMac stations, social lounge, outdoor courtyard, rooftop terrace, study zones, management team, social calendar buzzing with events, CCTV, and swipe-card access.
Casita guarantees you will have the best time possible while staying at Scape Darling House, with numerous shops and restaurants just minutes away. Boredom is not even an option! You can spend your weekend at the PowerHouse Museum. It would only take you five minutes to walk there. Pancakes on the Rocks Darling Square serves delicious pancakes, a four-minute walk away. The Sandwich is also only a three-minute walk from the building.
*Prices are per person per week.
**Availability is subject to change depending on students' university year and same-sex shared rooms.
***The property accepts students under18.
AU$609 / Week
Choose Your Room
A twin en-suite room with two single beds separated by a bookshelf, two study areas, wardrobe, air conditioning/heating, fridge with freezer, and a shared en-suite bathroom. There is a retractable privacy screen around the beds. The price includes all meals as catering is available.
A 13m² Single en-suite room with King single bed, study area, wardrobe, air conditioning/heating, and a Private en-suite bathroom. The price includes all meals as catering is available.
A 25m² Single en-suite room with King single bed, study area, wardrobe, air conditioning/heating, and a private en-suite bathroom. The price includes all meals as catering is available.
* Note: Final rent price and availability are subject to change and to be confirmed upon completing your booking.
1. A student will pay a week's holding deposit to confirm their booking. This is not an extra fee but this goes into their first week's rent payment.
2. The bond deposit is four weeks' rent amount (eg. if rent is $400 per week then it will be $400 x 4) and this is payable to us 10 days prior to arrival. This amount is then lodged on behalf to the relevant state's bond authority and the bond authority will email the student directly to confirm that Scape Group has lodged the bond on behalf of the student.
3. After the confirmation of their booking, the student will have access to their portal/ student account. This will allow them to view everything in regards to their tenancy and also their contract is accessible for signing 8 weeks prior to their contract start date.
4. In regards to the rent payment frequency, they will only have two choices - fortnight rent payment or all upfront payment (prior to tenancy start). Should they choose the former option, they will have to fill in paperwork for a direct debit option.
International students can pay fortnightly or all up front when they arrive. A 1-week rent is required in advance to secure your room. Please note that this holding deposit is allocated to the first week’s rent amount, and is not an application fee or processing fee at all.
We understand that students have lots of important things to focus on, so especially during these uncertain times, Atira are here to help make life less stressful. We have put together a deferral and cancellation policy for new bookings commencing in Semester 1, 2022 that provides flexibility if you are currently outside of Australia and impacted by COVID-19.
If you have a booking and are not able to arrive in Australia because of COVID-19, you can defer your contract to the following semester. The same terms of the original booking will carry forward to the new semester booking, including the type of room you booked and even the same weekly rent.
If you need to cancel your booking with us for one of the reasons detailed below, all you need to do is email us no less than 14 days before your contract start date and we will cancel your booking and provide a full refund of any fees paid. We will provide flexibility to defer or cancel if you are impacted by any of the below reasons, all you need to do is provide supporting documentation:
• Visa Denied
If your visa application is rejected or the visa centre remains closed in your respective country.
• Flight Cancellation/Travel Ban
If your scheduled flight is cancelled and an alternate flight is not available, or if there is a travel ban preventing travel from your country of origin or in Australia preventing you from arrival.
• Intake Delay of University/Education provider
If the start date of your course has been postponed to a later date or semester, or the university does not offer face-to-face learning.