Scape Melbourne Central
- Payment & Cancellation
- Map & Virtual Tours
About Scape Melbourne Central
You won't miss a beat living at Melbourne Central. In the heart of the CBD, you can wander across the road into some of Melbourne's most famous laneways to uncover an abundance of shopping and dining choices from around the globe. If you are interested in art, the Melbourne Art Center is nearby, among many interesting attractions.
The Melbourne student property has unlimited Wi-Fi throughout, 24/7 dedicated on-site team, rooftop terrace with BBQ, tables and benches, a large ground-floor social area with comfortable seating, card-operated laundry, CCTV security, swipe card access, fully-equipped rooftop gym, cinema room, iMac stations, secure bike storage, and all-inclusive bills.
It offers Sonder; a 24/7, multilingual support service, accessible via an app. If you need help, for any issue - big or small, you can get it from a team of people who are available day and night through the app and in-person. You can chat with Sonder anytime you are scared, unwell, worried or anxious.
- RMIT 7 minutes walk
- Monash College 12 minutes walk
- University of Melbourne 10 minutes tram ride
- Trinity College 12 minutes tram ride
- Tram Stop 1 minute walk
- Bus Stop - Queen Street 2 minutes walk
- Melbourne Central Shopping Centre 2 minutes walk
*Prices are per person per week.
**Availability is subject to change depending on students' university year and same-sex shared rooms.
***This property accepts students under 18.
It is located in the heart of Melbourne, 5 minutes walk to RMIT University, 12 minutes walk to Monash College - City Campus, and a 10-minute tram ride to the University of Melbourne. The building is right next to Chinatown, the best place to visit and enjoy a unique taste of food. It's also a small walking distance from various city attractions like Queen Victoria Market, the Immigration Museum, and the Sea Life Aquarium.
AU$199 / Week
Choose Your Room
An 18m² Twin en-suite featuring two single beds, wardrobe, study area, storage spaces, Wi-Fi, and a kitchen with a large fridge, microwave, TV, and a comfy lounge area. The apartment features Flatscreen TV in a shared lounge room, kitchen with microwave, large fridge, oven, and a cooker.
An en-suite featuring a single bed, storage spaces, study area, air conditioning/heating, wardrobe and Wi-Fi. The apartment features Flatscreen TV in a shared lounge room, accessible rooms, microwave, large fridge, oven and a cooker.
A 22m2 self-contained studio featuring a comfy double bed, air conditioning/heating, Wi-Fi and an ensuite. The apartment features Flatscreen TV, accessible rooms, microwave, fridge, oven and a cooker.
* Note: Final rent price and availability are subject to change and to be confirmed upon completing your booking.
1. A student will pay a week's holding deposit to confirm their booking. This is not an extra fee but this goes into their first week's rent payment.
2. The bond deposit is four weeks' rent amount (eg. if rent is $400 per week then it will be $400 x 4) and this is payable to us 10 days prior to arrival. This amount is then lodged on behalf to the relevant state's bond authority and the bond authority will email the student directly to confirm that Scape Group has lodged the bond on behalf of the student.
3. After the confirmation of their booking, the student will have access to their portal/ student account. This will allow them to view everything in regards to their tenancy and also their contract is accessible for signing 8 weeks prior to their contract start date.
4. In regards to the rent payment frequency, they will only have two choices - fortnight rent payment or all upfront payment (prior to tenancy start). Should they choose the former option, they will have to fill in paperwork for a direct debit option.
International students can pay fortnightly or all up front when they arrive. A 1-week rent is required in advance to secure your room. Please note that this holding deposit is allocated to the first week’s rent amount, and is not an application fee or processing fee at all.
We understand that students have lots of important things to focus on, so especially during these uncertain times, Atira are here to help make life less stressful. We have put together a deferral and cancellation policy for new bookings commencing in Semester 1, 2022 that provides flexibility if you are currently outside of Australia and impacted by COVID-19.
If you have a booking and are not able to arrive in Australia because of COVID-19, you can defer your contract to the following semester. The same terms of the original booking will carry forward to the new semester booking, including the type of room you booked and even the same weekly rent.
If you need to cancel your booking with us for one of the reasons detailed below, all you need to do is email us no less than 14 days before your contract start date and we will cancel your booking and provide a full refund of any fees paid. We will provide flexibility to defer or cancel if you are impacted by any of the below reasons, all you need to do is provide supporting documentation:
• Visa Denied
If your visa application is rejected or the visa centre remains closed in your respective country.
• Flight Cancellation/Travel Ban
If your scheduled flight is cancelled and an alternate flight is not available, or if there is a travel ban preventing travel from your country of origin or in Australia preventing you from arrival.
• Intake Delay of University/Education provider
If the start date of your course has been postponed to a later date or semester, or the university does not offer face-to-face learning.