Warehouse Apartments - Preston
- Payment & Cancellation
- Map & Virtual Tours
About Warehouse Apartments
The building is located in a vibrant neighbourhood where you can find many shops and restaurants. PureGym Preston and Total Fitness Preston are both a short walk away from this student property. St George's Shopping Centre is nearby as well.
The building offers facilities of the highest quality for your comfort. You can choose between en-suite rooms in 4-7-bedroom cluster flats with shared communal areas.
The student home in Preston offers a strong Wi-Fi connection, all-inclusive bills, secure entry, CCTV + 24/7 security, concierge, management team, contents insurance, communal area, and maintenance team.
It is a 3-minute stroll to the University of Central Lancashire and a 30-minute walk from Preston Academy of English. The area has great transport links for easy access to the city centre and the city's famous cultural spots. Preston railway station is 19 minutes walk away. The beautiful Moor Park is also a short walk away.
Choose Your Room
A 14m2 en-suite room featuring a small double bed, workspace, wardrobe, and plenty of storage. The lounge and kitchen area are shared. This En-suite is located on floors G, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
A 15m2 en-suite room featuring a small double bed, workspace, wardrobe, and plenty of storage. The lounge and kitchen area are shared. This En-suite is located on floors G, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
A 20m2 en-suite room featuring a small double bed, workspace, wardrobe, and plenty of storage. The lounge and kitchen area are shared. This En-suite is located on floors G, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
A 20m<sup>2</sup> self-contained studio featuring a double bed, workspace, wardrobe, TV, private bathroom, and modern kitchenette. This studio is located on 4 and 5 floors.
£75 / week
Full payment is requested on or before the 2nd of August 2020.
If you wish to pay by instalments you will need a UK Guarantor.
You may cancel your booking with us subject to the cancellation provisions detailed below.
Did you see the accommodation before you booked?
Students who didn’t visit the building in person before booking, and who booked accommodation more than 14 days ahead of the tenancy start date, can cancel free of charge if they let us know in writing within 14 days after the date of their booking.
Students who didn’t visit the building in person before booking, and who booked less than 14 days before the tenancy start date can cancel free of charge if they let us know in writing before the tenancy start date.
- The provisions of this policy for “Current Residents” will apply to students who didn’t visit the building in person before booking and who want to cancel after the expiry of the application deadline given above.
- Students who visited the building in person before the booking will be treated as ‘CurrentResidents’ for cancellation purposes.
- Even if you did not see the accommodation in person before booking, once you have taken up occupation of your accommodation you have no right to cancel your tenancy agreement. We will be willing to release you from your tenancy agreement in certain circumstances, but applications for release must be made to us in writing.
- You and your Guarantor will remain liable for the rent and any other payments due under the tenancy agreement unless and until a suitable replacement tenant is found for your accommodation. It is your responsibility to find an eligible replacement resident, although site staff will assist where possible;
- You will be liable to pay any early termination fees set out in your accommodation contract.
Some of the accommodation managed by StudentFM allows first-year students to cancel their tenancy agreement free of charge if their examination results change their plans: for example, a prospective tenant who fails to achieve the grades needed to take their place at their chosen university, or who surpasses their predicted grades and chooses to take place at another university. If your chosen accommodation offers this guarantee before you are released from your contract, you will be required to provide:
- A rejection letter from your original university of choice where applicable.
- An acceptance letter from the new university.
If a student transfers to a university in a city where StudentFM manages accommodation, StudentFM may (subject to availability) offer the student a tenancy at the new location on the same terms as the student’s original booking. If this offer is made and refused, the original contract will be cancelled, but StudentFM will charge a cancellation fee (not exceeding £100), and (if the tenancy has started) charge rent up to the date of cancellation.
Cancellation by Current Residents
This section of the Cancellation Policy applies to:
- Students who visited the building in person before booking, but have not moved into their accommodation
- Students who did not visit the building in person before booking, and have missed the applicable cancellation deadline
- Students who are in occupation of their accommodation – whether or not they visited the building before booking.
Students are bound by the terms of the tenancy agreement and liable for the rent for the length of their tenancy. A student may, however, be released from their tenancy if they meet the following criteria:
- The student finds a replacement tenant to take over their room
The replacement tenant is an enrolled student and over the age of 18
The replacement tenant must not already be a tenant with StudentFM
The replacement must be reasonably acceptable as a tenant (for example, no subsisting county court judgments, no convictions for criminal damage)
- The replacement tenant agrees to take over the room for the full remainder of the original tenant’s term and for the same rental value
- The replacement tenant signs all necessary paperwork with StudentFM and agrees to all terms and conditions set out within the tenancy agreement
- The replacement tenant procures aUK-resident guarantor or pays the balance of the outstanding rent in full in advance
- The original student pays a £100 change of tenancy charge for early contract release.
Following this, the resident will be formally released from all liabilities under the terms of the tenancy agreement, and a refund of any advance rent paid will be processed within 14 working days.
Please note – all replacement tenant must first be approved by the Accommodation Office. The tenancy agreement does not allow sub-letting.
If a student does is not eligible for early release under sections 1-3 of this policy, the landlord may agree to release a tenant from their agreement for medical or some other substantial reason. Early release will not normally be given under this section of our policy unless the reasons given in support of the tenant’s request prevent a student from continuing with their studies.
- A request for early release under this section of the Cancellation Policy must be made in writing to StudentFM’sAccommodation Office. If the application is made on medical grounds, it must be supported by the following:
- A signed letter from the student’s doctor confirming their advice to end studies at university for health reasons.
- A signed letter from your university confirming that you have dropped out of the university for health reasons.
Student FM may ask for additional information before notifying the student of the landlord’s decision. All decisions are made on a case by case basis. There is no right of appeal following the landlord’s initial decision.
If the student’s country or the UK impose a travel ban restricting arrival, the student must contact their booking agent to amend the contract start date to coincide with the end of the travel ban. The student will only need to pay the rent from the end of the travel ban until the end of the contract.
If a student cannot obtain a Visa, they should provide a copy of the rejection letter within 7 days of receiving it. The letter must include the student name and date issued. Upon receipt of the evidence, the tenancy will be cancelled, and a refund will be issued.
Delayed University Start
If the university delays the start date of September term, the student should provide evidence to the booking agent. The start date of the contract will be changed accordingly, and the student will be charged from their course start date until contract end date unless early arrival is required.
Early Contract Release For 19/20
A tenancy remains valid unless an agreement is reached between the tenant(s) and the landlord or a suitable replacement is found. All rent should be paid in line with your tenancy agreement until an agreement is reached or a suitable replacement is found.