Documents You Need to Translate to Study Abroad

writer icon

Guest Contributor

calender icon

09 June, 2021

time icon

3 mins read

time icon

Travel Preparation

Share NOW

fav icon
main topic image

Preparing to study abroad sounds like a dream. You have your dream destination, your dream school, and your dream experiences. It should be a breeze, right? 

Still, there are practical considerations you have to keep in mind when it comes to studying abroad. You have to first apply to university, get an offer, apply for a visa, and then make arrangements to travel to your chosen destination.

As an international student, you need many documents to study abroad. To help you out, we’ll discuss the documents needed for studying abroad in the UK, the USA, and Australia. We’ll see how documents can be translated through the use of professional translation services. 

Documents you Need to Study abroad 

When applying to a university you need:

  • Application form

  • personal statement

  • CV/Resume

  • Academic references/ Recommendation letters

  • Proof of English proficiency

  • Transcripts of your secondary education

  • Admissions test results (e.g. SATs, ACTs, etc.)

When travelling abroad you need to:

  • Health Certificates (e.g. Certificates of Vaccinations)

  • Get a Passport

  • Student visa application

  • Proof of financial support/standing

  • Travel Insurance

  • Travel Visa

During the pandemic, there could be travel restrictions in your country or your destination. Make sure to check all the health requirements and contact the embassy in your country to ensure you have everything you need to travel. 

In most cases, you will have to get a student visa. This is a mark in your passport that certifies that you’ll be studying abroad for a number of years. If you are travelling to the UK soon, here is how to get a student visa in the UK. 

Why do You Need To Translate Your Documents 

The US, the UK, and Australia all require students to apply for a student visa. Without the translated documents, you will not be able to apply for a student visa in an English-speaking country. 

To study abroad as an international student, you need to:

1. Translate the documents needed for your university application.

2. Translate the documents needed for your Visa application.

When applying, ensure that you have all your documents prepared for translation and thoroughly research your academic institution requirements. Additionally, document translation service providers can even assist you in applying for a student visa and other necessary applications.

Document Translation for your University Application

Document translation service providers can be your study abroad friend. Document translation companies certify translation accuracy for all translated documents for your study abroad programs. 

When you have to translate documents to study abroad, things can get complicated. Sometimes you don’t know which documents need to be submitted, which ones will need to be certified, and which doesn’t. 

Document translation can ensure that you’re on the right track and help you get accepted to your school of choice. Also, when you travel, document translation will be necessary for immigration, like for USCIS homeland security in the US. 

Submission of Your Translated Documents

To submit your documents to a university, first prepare a checklist of the school’s application deadlines and requirements, as well as a list of the documents you need to submit. This will give you a good idea of the relevant documents you need to translate.

When submitting your documents, you may need a certification of translation, another document that states that your translation is accurate and authorised. Your university may need this certification for all or most of your document translations.

 Most UK schools ask for certified translation with their own guidelines, such as the University of Westminster, London, which has its own translation guidelines. Look for a document translation service that ensures certification. For most study abroad needs, you also need to submit documents about your educational status. That means you need proof of your linguistic skills. Go for a document translation service that specialises in study abroad documents.

Finally, Make sure that your documents are signed and dated properly, using any method mentioned in this article before submitting them. When you have your certifications and signed translated documents, it’s time to submit them and ensure your place in the school of your dreams.

Written By: Guest Contributor


Subscribe to download

Share NOW